top of page
Upsala City Utilities

City of Upsala provides city water and sewer along with contracted garbage and recycling within the city limits. We provide efficient, reliable services throughout the City of Upsala and is committed to providing the highest quality water, sewer, and recycling at the lowest possible rates to benefit the community. If you any questions about your utility bill, please contact the city clerk at (320) 573-4950.

What to do if you have an outage:



If you are having a problem with your water or sewer, please contact the city clerk

at (320) 573-4950, after-hours emergency, please call (320) 250-0753.


Please make sure you haven't blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker and then give MN Power a call at (800) 228-4966 or visit their website.


If you detect any of the following signs of a natural gas leak, please contact Greater MN Gas at (888) 931-3411, 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. We will immediately dispatch a technician to make the situation safe and ensure that your natural gas service continues to supply your home and neighborhood. There is never a charge to the tenant or property owner if an emergency is called in. 



  • A smell of rotten eggs

  • Dead grass or vegetation 

  • Standing water that is bubbling

  • Dust or dirt blowing from the ground

  • Whistling or hissing sound at your gas meter

  • A natural gas stove with an orange or yellow flame. (Natural gas

  • flames should always be blue)

  • Accidentally severing, nicking, or puncturing a natural gas line

        when digging in your yard


If you need financial assistance, there is help, please contact Morrison County Support,  Financial Support | Morrison County, MN


BILL ONLINE  (Municipal Code is: UpsalaMN384)

If you would like to pay your bill online, please click on the website provided and you will be redirected to their website. You can use this tool to pay your utility bills, or view your past bills and any payments you have made. New users please register to receive access to this service or log in with your username and password. If you have any trouble registering for Bill & Pay please contact your city clerk for assistance.

Stay Safe MN Water Assistance

Water Assistance Program for past due water

bill, or pending water disconnection 

Community Public Water Suppliers

The Energy Assistance Program pays towards heat, electricity, and past due water costs. Energy Assistance is free for all eligible households. To find out more information or to apply. (it is free to eligible households, please contact:Energy Assistance Program / (

Consumer Confidence Report
Making Safe Drinking Water

MN Department of Health Consumer Confidence Report

Your drinking water comes from a groundwater source: two wells ranging from 55 to 60 feet deep, that draw water from the Quaternary Undifferentiated and Quaternary Buried Artesian aquifers. Upsala works hard to provide you with safe and reliable drinking water that meets federal and state water quality requirements. The purpose of this report is to provide you with information on your drinking water and how to protect our precious water resources. Contact Mike, Public Works, at (320) 250-0753 or if you have questions about Upsala’s drinking water. You can also ask for information about how you can take part in decisions that may affect water quality. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency sets safe drinking water standards. These standards limit the amounts of specific contaminants allowed in drinking water. This ensures that tap water is safe to drink for most people. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulates the amount of certain contaminants in bottled water. Bottled water must provide the same public health protection as public tap water. Drinking water, including bottled water, may reasonably be expected to contain at least small amounts of some contaminants. The presence of contaminants does not necessarily indicate that water poses a health risk. More information about contaminants and potential health effects can be obtained by calling the Environmental Protection Agency’s Safe Drinking Water Hotline at 1-800-426-4791.

bottom of page